About Simon’s Professional and Academic Trajectory
- Bachelor Degree in Instrumental Performance.
- Professional Degree of Instrumental Performance.
About Simon’s passion: Teaching
At the age of 20, Simon started working as a Piano Professor in the prestigious Escuela Experimental de Musica Manuel Alberto Lopez (EMMAL), which is one of the most respected music academies in Venezuela; where he developed his teaching skills and the passion for education, which will bring him to serve there for Sixteen years.
When he reached the age of 36, Simon began to serve as a Private Professor, which in two years led him to founding the Academia Waldstein in Venezuela, and 6 years later, the Amadeus Academy in Weston, Florida.
Along Simon’s music career path he has prepared and mentored students for a successful music career. His students are carefully prepared for seasonal recitals and ensemble performances with a repertoire ranging from Bach to contemporary music. He also instructs students representing a wide range of abilities and ages, some of them are national and international award winners.
Under Simon’s direction we can find remarkable students that trusted Simon’s abilities as a professor. Among them we can find: Maia Troconis, (Second Place, International Contest Jose Jacinto Cuevas, Yamaha Mexico 2014 and First Place, National Contest Silvia Eisenstein, Venezuela 2014), Federica Italiani, (First Place, New York Piano Festival 2013), and Juan Diego Molina (Second Place, National Contest Silvia Eisenstein, Venezuela 2014), among others.
- Argentina: Coliseo Theater, Buenos Aires
- Uruguay: Nelly Goitiño del Sodre Theater, and Bastion del Carmen Theater
- Solo: -Embassies: Switzerland, UK, Austria.
- With Orchestra: Caracas’ Municipal Symphonic Orchestra under Carlos Riazuelos conduction, at the Universidad Central de Venezuela’s Aula Magna; Orquesta Sinfonica de Maracaibo, and under the conduction of Havid Sanchez; Orquesta Gran Mariscal de Ayacucho under the conduction of Antonio Delgado at Teresa Carreño’s Jose Felix Ribas Hall; Concert Hall of the Centro Cultural Corp Group. Quinta Anauco Colonial Museum; University of Valencia; Barquisimeto Juarez Theater.